It should not be use in patients with diabetic ketoacidosis.
When not to use
- Children or adults above the age of 85
- Monitor renal function to prevent lactic acidosis (excessive lactic acid accumulation in the blood)
- Renal insufficiency - regular renal monitoring before and during treatment.
- Hepatic (liver) impairment
- Surgical procedures (product should be temporarily discontinued 48 hours pre and post surgery)
- Volume depletion
- Administration of iodinated contrast mediums
- Alcohol intake
- Concomitant antihypertensive therapy or use of diuretics
- Dose of insulin may be reduced when used in combination with Diampa-M 12.5/1000mg Tablet 7.0 'S